If you’re a fan of decking your home out for the holidays, you may be toying around with the idea of permanent holiday lighting. But certain worries, like cost, may have stopped you from going for it! We’ve broken down the pros and cons of this investment to help you understand if it’s the right choice for you.
The Boise Blue Gander team is ready to hang holiday lights so they’re hardly noticeable during the off-season but glow brightly with Christmas cheer when it’s their time to shine!
The biggest advantage of permanent holiday lighting? Saving money and time not taking them down only to rehang them the next year.
- Saves time and money
- Looks great
- Installed for maximum durability
- Customized to your style preferences
- Discreet, so you can’t see it from the road.
Do permanent Christmas lights add value to your home?
When planned out and correctly installed, permanent holiday lighting elevates your curb appeal and adds value to your home. Even better, professional set-ups are hardly noticeable during the offseason, without any visible wires, long-hanging extension cords, or other eyesores. Our discrete approach allows you to enjoy the best of both worlds without concern or hassle.
How long do permanent Christmas lights last?
It comes down to the type of lighting you choose and how it’s installed. On average, with proper installation and upkeep, permanent holiday lighting can last 6-10 years.
Additional holiday lighting services
These services make holiday lighting even easier and more stunning.
- Timers automatically turn on and off every day, which means one less thing for you to worry about!
- Lighting design. A professional designer will work with you to create a lighting scheme that perfectly suits your property and personal style. From simple string lights to elaborate animated displays, the possibilities are endless.
- Animatronic installations add excitement to your holiday decor and can bring your display to life. Animatronic displays come in all shapes and sizes, so discuss all the available options.
- Upfront investment.
- Need to find a reliable company.
- Hard to change once they’re installed.
It’s no secret that it costs money to have your lights professionally installed. But once they’re hung and ready to go, you don’t have to worry about them for the foreseeable future. That means you can pay attention to other important details around the holiday season!
How much does it cost to hire professionals for outdoor Christmas light installation?
These costs vary but average $500 to $5000+ per installation, based on per foot or per hourly rates. If the job is more complex, say if the team needs to contend with larger trees or intricate landscaping, overall costs may be higher.
Pro-Tip: Research Local Rules and Regulations Before Installing Permanent Holiday Lighting
Before you invest in permanent holiday lighting, research your local lighting regulations. Some neighborhoods have strict regulations regarding the placement of holiday lights and other exterior decorations. Moreover, it’s best to schedule the installation well in advance – as early as September since schedules tend to book up closer to the holiday season!
How much does it cost to wrap trees with lights?
The cost of wrapping a tree with outdoor Christmas lights varies based on the type, shape, height, size of the tree, and its canopy. A small tree can cost less than $75, whereas a large tree can cost more than $1,200. For example, giant trees and live oaks can cost upwards of $20,000 to wrap because it’s so labor-intensive and requires a certain level of expertise.
Before Hiring a Professional Holiday Lighting Company
Before you hire a holiday lighting company, look at their reviews, find out if they’re licensed and insured in the unlikely event something goes wrong, and ask them for an initial quote so you know what to expect.
- Do your research and read reviews: For the best results, do your research before deciding.
- Check out the website of potential companies: The website gives you an idea of their business details, including how they operate, contact info, hours, and any other relevant information you may need to know.
- Ask around for recommendations: Gather recommendations from friends and family and ask them for their real feedback. Chances are, they will provide you with some great insight into how that particular Christmas light installation company operates and what type of work they do.
- Compare prices before deciding: You want a good deal when choosing a Christmas light installation company for your home. Look over different companies to determine their costs and get the best deal possible.
- Decide on a reputable and reliable company: Finally, when you have narrowed your options down to a few different companies, choose one that is reputable and reliable. This means a high customer satisfaction ratings, proper license and insurance coverage, and a solid reputation in the community for performing quality work at an affordable price.
Luckily, Blue Gander is licensed, insured, and has an excellent reputation in the Boise area. Reach out for an initial quote – we’d love to light up your home or business for the holidays!
Leave the Holiday Magic to a Professional Holiday Lighting Company
If you are looking for help leading up to this holiday season, hire Blue Gander, a Boise-based holiday lighting company. We can easily handle temporary and permanent holiday lighting, including installation, repairs, upgrades, and even bulb replacements.
With decades of experience, we handle even the most complicated light designs to spread holiday cheer to your neighborhood or commercial street.