The Dos and Don’ts of Pressure Washing Brick
Pressure washing brick can be a great way to clean it and restore its original color. It can also be a great way to damage your brick if you’re not careful. Pressure washer is a powerful tool and should be used with caution. It is also important to use the right pressure washing equipment and cleaners. But there are some things you need to keep in mind before pressure washing your brick. We’ll go over the dos and don’ts of pressure washing your brick so you can avoid any costly mistakes.
It can help to remove built-up dirt, grime and other debris. But it’s important to do it the right way or you could damage your brick. Power washing can help maintain the beauty of your brick and extend its life.
Here are some dos and don’ts to follow when pressure washing your brick:
- Use caution when pressure washing. This is a powerful tool and can easily damage brick if used incorrectly. This means using the right pressure setting and keeping the tip a few inches from the surface of the brick.
- Test the pressure washer on an inconspicuous area first. This will help you get a feel for the pressure and avoid any surprises. Make sure to use a low pressure setting at first.
- Use the right cleaners. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners that are not meant for pressure washing. This can damage your brick. Instead, use a gentle cleaner made specifically for pressure washing.
- Wear protective clothing. It can be messy so it’s important to wear clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. This includes gloves, goggles and long pants.
- Protect any nearby surfaces. It can easily damage delicate surfaces like windows and doors. Cover these surfaces with plastic sheeting or tarps before pressure washing.
- Use too much pressure. This is the most common mistake people make when pressure washing bricks. Too much pressure can damage the brick and cause irreparable damage.
- Stand too close to the brick. Keep the tip of the pressure washer a few inches away from the surface of the brick. This will help avoid any damage. Avoid spraying directly at joints or mortar as this can damage them.
- Use a pressure washer without proper training. Pressure washing is a powerful tool and can be dangerous if used incorrectly. Make sure you understand how to use a pressure washer before attempting to pressure wash your brick.
- Use a pressure washer on frozen brick. Never use a pressure washer on frozen or damp brick as this can damage the brick. Wait for the brick to thaw before pressure washing.
- Use a pressure washer without proper preparation. Always clear away any debris or furniture before pressure washing. This will help avoid any damage.
Pressure washing brick can be a great way to clean it and restore its original color. But it’s important to do it the right way or you could damage your brick. Power washing can help maintain the beauty of your brick and extend its life. Follow these dos and don’ts to pressure wash your brick the right way.